Saturday, December 3, 2011

What is Chronic Pain?

I just came across an excellent, short, TED talk explaining the experience of chronic pain. It's less than 9 minutes long and does an efficient job of describing what is going on in my back as well as the basis for the fibromyalgia I was later diagnosed with. It's nice to know progress is being made.



If you or a loved one is suffering from continuing pain, lasting longer than a few weeks, please see your doctor. The sooner this condition is addressed the better the outcome. My chronic pain has been going on for 11 years now and all indications are that it will be with me for the rest of my life because it wasn't identified quickly enough to make a difference. Of course that is mostly because this is a relatively new field of study, pain as the disease itself. Thank heavens they're not telling us it's all in our heads still. That particular comment is the way to insanity for those of us dealing with this horror.

No comments: